Help I don't know if something is wrong!

TheTOAD

Hey my tortoise had this light brown leakage from her anal area when I soaked her, I know it wasn't urine cuz it was thick and kinda stayed together like diarrhea plus I found the paste like substance that comes out when she urinates in a different part of the tub. Anyone know if anything is wrong? She is still active and eating normal.

TheTOAD

Right now becuz its winter its been mostly spring mix, some timothy hay and grassland tortoise pellets

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sounds like your feeding good things . How are your temperatures?

TheTOAD

High 70s to low 80s usually around 78-82, I spray the cage everyday and change out the water.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Are you watering down it's food? Do you have a basking spot where it can warm up to the high 90 /95 degrees . Sounds to me its got diarrhea . Have you had this tirtoise long? Have you had a vet take a fecal samples for parasites?

TheTOAD

I've had her for a year and no I havent brought her to a vet, but there is a area in the cage that gets to around 85

TheTOAD

Is that bad? I'm at the airport on my way to go do training and I won't be back for a week.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
If your tortoise can't get it's temperature up he will not be able to go properly . I would increase the basking temperature and see if that helps . If it does not then a fecal is needed.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Now don't get all excited, but SOMETIMES, when goopy, stringy, mucous stuff comes out the cloaca it means they have flagellates and need to be de-wormed for protozoa. Next time you see this stuff try to capture it and get a vet to look at if for protozoa.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Im glad I was on the right track . That means I have learned a thing or two .