Help Inactive hermann tortoise

I just bought a new hermann tortoise and it is completely inactive in the tortoise table, is it stressed? I literally bought it home thirty minutes ago.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Where did you get it? How warm did you keep it on the way home? Have you been handling it a lot? How warm is the table where you now have him? Yes, it may be stress but could be more too (thus the questions). You might giving him a warm soak. Use warm water up to where his two shells meet. Keep the water warm (like you would a baby's milk, so not too hot) and let him soak about 15-20 mins changing water as needed.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I made this suggestion on your other thread, but I'll repeat it here:

Read the care sheet at the top of the Hermann's section, then make adjustments to your tortoise's habitat accordingly.

Where did you get it? How warm did you keep it on the way home? Have you been handling it a lot? How warm is the table where you now have him? Yes, it may be stress but could be more too (thus the questions). You might giving him a warm soak. Use warm water up to where his two shells meet. Keep the water warm (like you would a baby's milk, so not too hot) and let him soak about 15-20 mins changing water as needed.

I haven't handled it, the car was reasonably warm, I got it from a local breeder, the table is at around 32degrees. Thanks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Your table needs to have a room temperature side and a warm side. The 90F that you show is ok for one end, but the tortoise needs to be able to walk away from being that hot into a cooler area.