HELP!!! Is my tortoise sick!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
You can keep humidity levels at 60-70% But, heat should be 80 degrees or a bit higher. If at all possible, can u put your sick baby in a 40 gal plastic container? The reason why that's important is that your sick baby can get the others sick too. Also, if your sick baby doesn't get better, he can develop pneumonia and could die. Putting the sick one in a plastic container allows you to move him into a warmer place in the house. Also, you can put your tort in the bathroom, run a hot shower where the steam fills the room, and let your tort breathe in those vapors for about 20 minutes, or longer. Keep us posted on his progress.

tortoise007

5 Year Member
Phoenix AZ aria
I have a Sonoran desert tort. I'll see what I can whip up for an enclosure that would be suitable for the sick tortoise. In the site I posted, would the first enclosure be suitable for the sick tort? It's a ten gallon that already has a heating pad stuck to the bottom of it.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
If it's a temporary situation, yes. The important thing is to separate him and keep the tank warm, humid, with his water dish there. If he stops eating, drinking, peeing and pooping, get to a vet asap!

tortoise007 said:
I have a Sonoran desert tort. I'll see what I can whip up for an enclosure that would be suitable for the sick tortoise. In the site I posted, would the first enclosure be suitable for the sick tort? It's a ten gallon that already has a heating pad stuck to the bottom of it.

tortoise007

5 Year Member
Phoenix AZ aria
Well, lets hope it doesn't come to that, but I'll see if I can get him set up in a different enclosure. (I just ordered a CHE)

Status
Not open for further replies.