Help is this broken beak!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ae92jin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Malaysia
I just notice that my sully had a broken beak when basking this morning. I just not sure is this broken beak but he looks fine and no root at all.

Attachments

• image-393729121.png
    image-393729121.png
    606.6 KB · Views: 142
  • image-2231257124.png
    image-2231257124.png
    593.6 KB · Views: 150

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
Yup my Russians beaks have that when its time to shave them just keep an eye if its tender, if all is well just increase calcium for one month

TortoiseWorld

5 Year Member
Lisle Illinois
tyrs4u said:
Yup my Russians beaks have that when its time to shave them just keep an eye if its tender, if all is well just increase calcium for one month

Hi,
What do you mean "when it's time to shave them"?
Thanks

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
papayapa said:
tyrs4u said:

Hi,
What do you mean "when it's time to shave them"?
Thanks

Sorry I'm a little medicated. Basically when I took in my Russians (adopted/saved most) to the vet I have them put their beak back to normal to eat. & even with different dR's they always manage to chip the side.. But then again I'm saving them; so I doubt they ever had any supplements until they came here...

ae92jin

5 Year Member
Malaysia
I just curious, would it effect the health.

Thank's for the comment.

arotester

5 Year Member
i guess with chopped up greens and calcium he will make it through without any issues(off-course with proper care)
good luck :)

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
Ny Russian had a chip like that a couple if months back. Its not as noticable now, but I worried like mad when it happened.
Just keep it clean, I used a soft small paint brush to gently clean his face in soaks, seemed to work.

ae92jin

5 Year Member
Malaysia
laney said:
Ny Russian had a chip like that a couple if months back. Its not as noticable now, but I worried like mad when it happened.
Just keep it clean, I used a soft small paint brush to gently clean his face in soaks, seemed to work.

I hope mine will be the same too... Now so worried too, but he looks fine and eat as normal... Hope he will be fine. Thank everyone!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
ae92jin said:
laney said:

I hope mine will be the same too... Now so worried too, but he looks fine and eat as normal... Hope he will be fine. Thank everyone!
. My Sulcata Cooper has this happening but I think that it may be due to his growing, and from his cuttle bone cause he eats them like they are going out of style.
I also use a tooth brush every night when he get his bath.

Status
Not open for further replies.