help! Lost sulcata =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajg74

5 Year Member
I'm from the western PA area and my baby sulc escaped from his outdoor enclosure at what I'm guessing to be about an hour ago. We have a huge yard that we've been searching as well as the woods but the only problem is he's only about the size of my palm so he's pretty small =/
Any advice on areas to look would be greatly appreciated. It started to rain a little bit ago so we looked under all bushes and trees in the chance that the little guy headed for cover.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Palmdale CA
ajg74 said:
I'm from the western PA area and my baby sulc escaped from his outdoor enclosure at what I'm guessing to be about an hour ago. We have a huge yard that we've been searching as well as the woods but the only problem is he's only about the size of my palm so he's pretty small =/
Any advice on areas to look would be greatly appreciated. It started to rain a little bit ago so we looked under all bushes and trees in the chance that the little guy headed for cover.

Awwwww I'm so sorry look EVERYWHERE possible and never EVER think: he couldn't have gone there, because he could!

collinmcd

5 Year Member
Southeast PA
South eastern pa here! But I set up an enclosure that was way too big for my little guy which is about the same size as yours and I yogurt I lost him! I looked everywhere for 2 hours and it turns out he was in a corner really close to where I put him down originally. Just keep looking you'll find it!

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
Best of luck mate; I hope you find your kid :) My Russians scare me all the time with their hiding...

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Well, I hope you find the little one....if you go through the night without finding him....in the am, early, get out a plate of his fav foods and some of his yummies and place the food out in the open so he can see it....also when the sun is up begin looking around where he can bask in the sun....get down on your hands and knees and feel around just about everywhere....do you KNOW he got out of your yard---escape spot? If no then keep looking in the yard as well as around....

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
are you sure it got out? do you have a coer on it? dogs? Big birds in the area?
check and double check..
if you have no luck.. see where the sun shines in your yard in the morn. and check there.

ajg74

5 Year Member
Arfur is back, safe and what appears to be completely fine!!

jason g.

5 Year Member
ajg74 said:
Arfur is back, safe and what appears to be completely fine!!

Thank goodness! It makes your Heart skip a beat when they are gone. Now that roses outdoor enclosure is growing good I have to move flowers and plants around to find her. She limes to dig in to the dirt on occasion where the top of her shell shows. It's real easy to look over her. I also noticed when it gets cloudy and looks like rain she starts trying to dig out. She would have to dig 14" deep in less then 2 hours. I don't think she can dig that fast but she surprises me quite often though!! Lol little turds; ) I'm so glad you found your baby. Arfur is so small and so cute I'm surprised you found him!!

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
Grats :D i remember when i lost my dog.... he was just down the street but still, it was scary, glad you got your tortoise back :D

Status
Not open for further replies.