Help! Little guy is lost in our back yard!

AshTurtle

Help! He's lost in our back yard!

We have a 7 month old sully and he's lost in out back yard and has been for a few hours. We've been looking and think he might be under the shed. Anything we can do since it's now dark out? I'm worried but at least it's not supposed to get cold tonight. We also hooked up the heat lamp by our porch in hopes that he'll go to the light and heat source. But any idea on what to do or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Get on your hands and knees and look at his level. They typically shove their faces into a corner or the base of a plant, so look carefully in every little weed and grass clump. Feel around with your hands and fingers.

When you are done, click on the first link in my signature and read it please.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
RE: Help! He's lost in our back yard!

Once they bed down for the night, they won't come out until morning.

AshTurtle

WE FOUND HIM!!!!! We searched from 3pm to 1am and found him next door in my parents back yard! He's great! Gave a him a soak and he went pee, urates and poopy! Sooooo happy to have him home!

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
AshTurtle said:
WE FOUND HIM!!!!! We searched from 3pm to 1am and found him next door in my parents back yard! He's great! Gave a him a soak and he went pee, urates and poopy! Sooooo happy to have him home!

Glad you found him, time to tort proof the yard and get him a good outdoor enclosure that he cant get out of

AshTurtle

I know! It's still cool out so he's only outside for a bit at a time when it's sunny. Over the next few weeks we'll definitely be working on and outdoor enclosure. We do have a covered porch that's screened in, but the door is off and we need to but a new one. Lesson learned, this will not happen again.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
YAY! [TURTLE][DANCER][TURTLE][DANCER][TURTLE]