HELP ME CONVINCE (pyramided?)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
It sounds to me like even if you knew what to do and wanted to do it, you are not able to do what needs to be done with your current living situation. I commend you for coming here and trying to do what is best for the tortoise. The first step in finding a new home is telling us where you are. Hopefully someone local with the right facilities will take him in.

A few things:
1. That pyramiding pattern was started long before you ever got this tortoise. The care you offered duplicated the early care and so the pattern continued. Only in the last few years have a small percentage of tortoises keepers figured out the pyramiding thing. For decades we have all been doing things all wrong. Incorrect assumptions were made 30 years ago, repeated and followed. Breaking those habits and traditions has been proving difficult. These are not desert animals and they don't need dry conditions. They hatch during the hot wet humid rainy season, and they spend the dry season underground.
2. Letting the tortoise run loose is a dangerous practice. I recommend you stop doing that. No matter what the manager tells you, there is likely some sort of pesticide or weed killer in that common area. It is also far too easy to have your attention diverted for just one second and the tortoise will seemingly "disappear". They need to be outside, but they need to be in their own dedicated environment.

Good luck.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
What you can do is place an add, under " Adoptions" or " For Sale" and explain about the tortoise. Approx, age, ? sex, length. You can post pictures and ask people to contact you via PM ( conversation) or your email address.
You can mention if you are willing to ship or not.
It is easy to screen new potential owners by looking at their profiles, talking to them, etc.
Good luck!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Yes, she already looked VERY dry when you got her, so that is partially the previous owners fault. She needs more room :( Sulcata wander,a dn raom outdoors for food, burrowing, water... everything :(

elythefetus211

Im happy to announce we built koopa a great area and a tall fence. I will post pics soon. Ps she is back at my in-laws and doing so good