Help me decide haha

Hzwolun

Location (City and/or State)
Fairfax County VA
First of all happy thanks giving everyone! Glad to be in the community.
Ok, so I kinda want to buy a tort during Black Friday period. I encountered 2 deals that I am interested but I can only pick one. They around the same price, one is albino sulcata at little more than 2inches other one is Aldabra at little more than 5inches. Which one should I pick ?
(few notes: I have 3 Aldabra already at 4-8 inches but I never had a albino sulcata before!I have a 14in Reg sulcata though I got it at 12inchs in size )
Are they hard to care? Albino sulcata I know Aldabra is relatively easy. Please help me decide, thanks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Do you have enough room to house them separately? Never a good idea to mix species. If you do have enough room I'd get the sulcata.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Agree with Yvonne but the sulcata can not live with the Aldabras. A sully will bully and hurt an Aldabra.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Ok, so I kinda want to buy a tort during Black Friday period. I encountered 2 deals that I am interested but I can only pick one. They around the same price, one is albino sulcata at little more than 2inches other one is Aldabra at little more than 5inches. Which one should I pick ?
(few notes: I have 3 Aldabra already at 4-8 inches but I never had a albino sulcata before!I have a 14in Reg sulcata though I got it at 12inchs in size )
Are they hard to care? Albino sulcata I know Aldabra is relatively easy. Please help me decide, thanks
Neither is suited to your climate. Save that money and use it to move to Florida.

OliveW

Branford, FL
It IS always curious to me how people keep large, outdoor tortoises anywhere colder than where we live.

Even here in Northern Florida, it's a bit stressful trying to meet the needs of our ONE Sulcata, and keep him warm and healthy outdoors.

enchilada

5 Year Member
Newport Beach CA
come on man , asking us if albino sulcata is easy while you are holding a Cuora galbinifrons 😜
your turtle/tortoise keeping experience probably beats 90% of the members here

😜😜

Hzwolun

Fairfax County VA
come on man , asking us if albino sulcata is easy while you are holding a Cuora galbinifrons 😜
your turtle/tortoise keeping experience probably beats 90% of the members here

😜😜
haha good eye,
But yeah I had few of those when I was in china, they are very stable and easy care for cb, specially adult. Not the wild caught ones tho 🤣 they tend to have hard time to eat, but yeah flower back turtle are beautiful creatures.