Help please! (baby not doing well)

jjaymeza

Location (City and/or State)
Fort Worth
Hey guys I really need some help/advice. one of my tortoises hasn’t really seemed to be doing well ever since I gotten him. He has been in my possession for about 4 months and has been spoiled the whole time, along with his siblings well not real siblings...anyways. He is really young so I took him sleeping a lot as a normal sign. the whole time I have had him he has had a bluish looking spot on his shell (maybe see through)that never went away so it worried me so I took him to the vet. The vet said that the shell was from him falling off of his hide most likely and that it will heal but it will take a long time. So I left and been taking care of him since. That was months ago and I am now noticing that the bottom of my babies shell is almost Jelly feeling and now I’m worried all over again. For his whole life along With the others I have been monitoring everything from their food to the temperature in all corners of the enclosure. Recently I built an outdoor enclosure where all 3 of my shell babies can get natural UV and heat from the Texas sun. Which has been well over the temp needed. I also use supplements for calcium and multivitamins for tortoises. (Power and spray) I am now scared and worried again if anyone knows what this is or what I can do please let me know. His siblings are beautifully strong and they were bought from a animal feed store at 3 different times. I didn’t notice it when I bought this one. IMG_1373.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sorry to say that he just might have not had a good start from the get go.
The squishy shell is never a good sign. Look for the thread Hatchling Failure Syndrome. It might help you to understand what might be going on.

jjaymeza

Fort Worth
Is he eating/drinking/pooping?

He was and I haven’t seen any in the recent. he has been getting his soaks but with the others pooping I lost focus on weather each individual was going. Now I have him back inside as of today. I’m going to monitor to make sure he does go.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You should also house him by himself while he is not doing good. The stress of the others around him won't help him. Keep him inside so you can keep everything where they should be. Raise temp to 85 day and night all over with the 95-100 basking temp

jjaymeza

Fort Worth
You should also house him by himself while he is not doing good. The stress of the others around him won't help him. Keep him inside so you can keep everything where they should be. Raise temp to 85 day and night all over with the 95-100 basking temp

I will do that thank you so much!