Help pleAse (cut on leg?)

landon

5 Year Member
I have just noticed on my little guys left front leg that there is a red mark. His skin looks to be really irritated I assume from his shell but I am wondering if there is at home remedies or should I take him to the vet. I don't want him in any pain and want him back to healthy so whatever I have to do I'm more then happy to. View attachment ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1439186898.574198.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Think about it this way: What if that particular injury was on your leg or arm. Is it bad enough that you would need to see a doctor? If so, a vet visit is in order. If not, then treat it the same way your would treat your own injury.

landon

5 Year Member
Thank you, i am just worried about the minor injury turning into something bigger down the road, is polysporin good to use on a tort? If so should I put some on the cut? I want to take care of this and make sure he's not in any discomfort. His eating and daily activity has not decreased so i know I'm probably over worrying but rather safe then sorry

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You never know when something relatively minor will turn into a big deal, causing quite a big problem. If in doubt - go to the vet.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
I can't tell by the pic really but it doesn't look like its in the right spot to be from his shell. If it were though I would do something about the sharp area. If the sharp spot can't be smoothed down with a nail file/Emory board you can put a small piece of duct tape over the sharp spot until he heals.