HELP PLEASE

GramTheRam

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Please help. I don’t know what I need to do, what the best course of action is.
I’ve had two tortoises for years. One of my females is ok, but my other female had a couple red lines on her tummy. I picked her up and I guess I was just being careless because I thought it was maybe ink from the wet newspaper I put her food on. Then over the next 2 days I’ve picked her up and she seems to be eating well and very active still. However today I picked her up and she has all of this bruising looking stuff on her. I’m freaking out and we don’t live very close to any exotic vets. I don’t want her to be in pain, I’m just really scared. Usually it’s hot in Florida, but I took her inside into the garage when it got cold. I did see that one day she had flipped onto her back but that was a while ago. She also climbed up the sides of the enclosure and fell a little but it’s concrete so that couldn’t have been good. Another thing is there was one day where she laid in her own poop and it got stuck. I cleaned it the same day, but I don’t know if maybe that gave her a bacterial infection. Once I heard her fall the first time we’ve had them back outside but I don’t know if maybe that did damage that I just didn’t see. Is there anything I can buy or give her or clean her with?

Attachments

• IMG_9240.jpeg
    IMG_9240.jpeg
    317.4 KB · Views: 1

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It does look like bruising. Any chance she got stepped on and squished? How far did she fall?

GramTheRam

Florida
As far as I know nobody in my family said they dropped her or stepped on her or anything. She fell only a few inches.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
How big is she and weight?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I would just follow the experts advice. Are they in the same enclosure? Can you post a picture of the enclosure?

GramTheRam

Florida
I would just follow the experts advice. Are they in the same enclosure? Can you post a picture of the enclosure?
I’ve moved her now. We have an outside little fenced in area set with a water dish and a couple of logs to crawl under.