help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyspacecake

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
splendora tx,
Recently my little Erikai pooped a white, stringy thing D; am not sure what it is, I am flipping out. It had to be removed with a cotton cue tip and it didn't look like a worm and it wasn't moving but still i want to take precaution against it just in case i do need to worry about it. :( please help anyone.

monkeyspacecake

5 Year Member
splendora tx,
No, its not urate its not really white it was some what transparent I don't know but if it happens again ill be sure to really check this out and make sure it is normal, anyways I'm sorry I don't have a pic because I threw the cue tip away. :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sometimes when slimey stuff comes out the back end (scientific talk) it might indicate the tortoise has flaggelates. You might take a stool sample in to a vet and have it checked for parasites.

monkeyspacecake

5 Year Member
splendora tx,
emysemys said:
Sometimes when slimey stuff comes out the back end (scientific talk) it might indicate the tortoise has flaggelates. You might take a stool sample in to a vet and have it checked for parasites.

This is the first time it has happened, I will monitor and get back to you guys if any other symptoms start to occur or if the slimy thing keeps coming back, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.