HELP Poor thing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyV

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winslow AZ
A neighbor boy brought me a turtle and ask what it was (I guess because he sees me with Bella, my Russian Tortoise). It has a large head and orange spots on it's legs and quite a little beak....would really be able to put a hurtin' on you! Someone gave it to him and they have glued a flag to it's back. The flag is gone but the little suction cup is really glued on. I need to find out what it is so I can advise on feeding properly.

Thank you

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
can you take a picture of it for proper identification? most box turtles love small insects (snails, slugs, crickets, roaches, rolly pollies). also you can try some moist cat food is good too. put please take a pic of the turtle. thanks for taking care of it.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Use this thread for instructions on how to post a photo: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-1408.html You definitely need to know what it is so you know what to feed it. The suction cup isn't an immediate concern as much as making sure its safe, warm, and fed.

Do you know how the boy got it? If it was taken from the wild and native to the area, then if it hasn't been too long it needs to be released into the same area he got it, and if its been awhile, local animal control needs to be contacted to figure out what to do. I wouldn't be surprised if the boy got it from the wild, because how else would he have found it? That, or an escaped pet, in which case you need to post notices and call places like shelters and vets to try and find the owner.

LadyV

5 Year Member
Winslow AZ
A woman took from out of the road somewhere and gave it to the boy. I'll try to get a picture if I can...poor little thing!

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
You need to contact the woman and find out which road so you can call animal control and have them release it near there where it calls home (after they figure out what to do with the suction cup, if anything).

Status
Not open for further replies.