Help: stretching neck upwards?

Geng

5 Year Member
Dear people,

Excuse me for an another thread in a short time, but this has been really bugging me.

Since yesterday my tortoise had this strange behaviour to stretch her neck upwards, like as far as she could. She did it like 3x yesterday, and today when she woke up 2x already.

What does this mean? Is there something stuck in her throat? If yes, what can I do about it to help her? The reptile doctor is on holiday for 3 weeks, so sadly I can't count on that.

I hope someone can help me.

Substrate: Coco coir
Temps: basking spot 95-100F, warm side 85F, cool side 75F, night 75F (room temperature)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Dear people,

Excuse me for an another thread in a short time, but this has been really bugging me.

Since yesterday my tortoise had this strange behaviour to stretch her neck upwards, like as far as she could. She did it like 3x yesterday, and today when she woke up 2x already.

What does this mean? Is there something stuck in her throat? If yes, what can I do about it to help her? The reptile doctor is on holiday for 3 weeks, so sadly I can't count on that.

I hope someone can help me.

Substrate: Coco coir
Temps: basking spot 95-100F, warm side 85F, cool side 75F, night 75F (room temperature)

Tortoise stretch all body parts and limbs just as many of us do...espefially if coming out of sleep or prolonged periods of lounging....what you describe all by itself sounds normal...