Help!! Tortoise keeps trying to escape!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicolanoo

5 Year Member
My tortoise is in a table and she keeps trying to get out! There is a rock that I have in there for her to climb and she has never tried to get out before but now she keeps trying to get out and keeps falling over?? Why is she doing this?? Please help

Thanks

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Can she see through the enclosure? If so, cover the sides upto her height. Also, have you just brought her in from being outside for,the summer? Sometimes that will cause them to get more restless inside, until they settle in. I would remove the rock until you can get her to stop trying to get out.

nicolanoo

5 Year Member
No she can't see through it, and no she has been inside for a while now, I've taken the rock out cause she fell onto her back! I just hope she is going to be ok? I've taken her to the vet and he said that she is really healthy but her behaviour is changing so much?

Thanks

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Maybe try changing a few things around. Add things for her to go around. Mayb she will investigate instead of trying to get out. Add an edible plant, or just a log that she has to walk around to see the other side.

dannel

5 Year Member
Saskatchewan, Canada
^Agreed. If you slightly change their environment every so often it gives the torts something to explore.

Status
Not open for further replies.