Help (white pee)

Barrysulcata

Location (City and/or State)
Uk
hi I've been away for few days and my son rang said Barry's been out and had a white poo
I got back today and Barry's been out and he had a pee then a load of type cream coloured paste came out
The only time I've noticed this before when he's been soaking in the water
Please help

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It's urate and its completely normal. It's how some species of tort rid themselves of excess proteins.

You only need to be concerned if it's gritty. Then it shows dehydration and you need to do lots of soaks.

Barrysulcata

Uk
Thew
Thanks for that I've seen it before while he's in water but not while he's been out on grass
So ur saying this is normal not gritty it's like a creamy paste

Barrysulcata

Uk
He goes in pool 2/3 times a week for 20 mins not sure if he likes it thou keeps trying lift is head over side
He as a large tray also with water in about 3 ft long 4inches deep which he walks through change water in this every day

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It is normal. It's a sort of creamy mucus stuff. I have patches of it all over my garden :)

If it's gritty that's when you worry.

As torts tend to pee when soaked, those soaked regularly often don't pee anywhere else. It's bound to happen outside the soaking water from time to time.

Barrysulcata

Uk
Thanks joesmum
You put me at ease now
Like I say it's normally in is water I've seen this but my son scared me when he said then he done it today also
So was knocked back when I saw it
As normally he wees and poos and urates and I don't suppose my son as soaked him and it's been very hot on Tuesday and wen our hottest 2 days of year

CJW

Oregon
Haha, yes this is normal, but it is kind of shocking the first time you see that! :tort:o_O

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I know lol at first I thought yall said urinates. But I realized it is urnates, also what Im asking is my tort did this, but it was liquid like, is it normal?
Yes.
Smooth paste is also good.
Gritty (like there is sand in it) not good.
This us all foreign to me as well as I've never seen urates in my Redfoot