Help with enclosure

BearTheTurtle

Location (City and/or State)
USA Oklahoma
I'm new to turtles and tortoises, I have 1 box turtle that I'm pretty sure is a three-toed box turtle and I haven't had he for to long, so as a temporary enclosure for the winter I have been keeping her in a 20 gallon tank which has worked fine for her. I live in the country so I have coyotes, raccoons, and there are a lot of dogs that get out at night, so i don't want to let her stay out at night so I was planing on getting her a bigger enclosure for outside and putting her out there during the day and bring her back into her 20 gallon for the night. I'm looking for something under $50 if possible. Any suggestions for a good place I could get one? {Used or new} Thank You- Emma and Bear

BearTheTurtle

USA Oklahoma
I'm new to turtles and tortoises, I have 1 box turtle that I'm pretty sure is a three-toed box turtle and I haven't had he for to long, so as a temporary enclosure for the winter I have been keeping her in a 20 gallon tank which has worked fine for her. I live in the country so I have coyotes, raccoons, and there are a lot of dogs that get out at night, so i don't want to let her stay out at night so I was planing on getting her a bigger enclosure for outside and putting her out there during the day and bring her back into her 20 gallon for the night. I'm looking for something under $50 if possible. Any suggestions for a good place I could get one? {Used or new} Thank You- Emma and Bear
I also would like to know what size I should get

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Where are you located in the USA, which state?
Box turtles brumate/hibernate for winter. If you are living in the colder areas, you would be best to keep her inside if it's too cold outside.
20 gallons is way too small for keeping her inside day and night though unless it's a tiny hatchling.

BearTheTurtle

USA Oklahoma
Where are you located in the USA, which state?
Box turtles brumate/hibernate for winter. If you are living in the colder areas, you would be best to keep her inside if it's too cold outside.
20 gallons is way too small for keeping her inside day and night though unless it's a tiny hatchling.
She is a pretty small turtle, she's only 3oz, but I found a 55 gallon tank for her that's only like $50!!! That's rely big for her but there is plenty of room to grow!