Herbal Hay for CDT?

CDTNoob

Location (City and/or State)
Anaheim
I am wondering if this is usable for desert torts? I see some other people feed it to other types of tortoises. I am trying to add as much variety as I can to their diet and thought this looked interesting. I would not use this as the main meal but more of a topper for them. I currently have 3 baby CDT in my care.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm assuming this is the dried hay product that Tyler sells? Yes, you can moisten it and put a bit on top of the greens, but start out small until they get used to the scent.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I am wondering if this is usable for desert torts? I see some other people feed it to other types of tortoises. I am trying to add as much variety as I can to their diet and thought this looked interesting. I would not use this as the main meal but more of a topper for them. I currently have 3 baby CDT in my care.
Yes. This is an excellent topper to mix in. I've been using it for years with all species.

Will @Kapidolo Farms also has a whole bunch of different and excellent items to mix in. All sorts of dried leaves, cactus flour, and so much more. I use a bunch and love them all and so do my tortoises.