1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Here’s why hundreds of desert tortoises

Discussion in 'North American Tortoises (genus Gopherus)' started by Cowboy_Ken, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Link

Link Member

Location (City and/or State):
    East-Central Oklahoma
    The military are exempt from these concerns. They were only going through the motions for public appearance. Here is a link to some of the old legislation http://www.acousticecology.org/srmilitaryenviroexempt.html
    I know I read some more recent information that flatly exempts them from these concerns. Ever notice how the controversial laws get buried and are hard to find? Needless to say the military didn't stop lobbying in 2003.
    Moozillion likes this.
  2. justin davidson

justin davidson New Member

This is horrible. Bad humans, Bad.
    Moozillion likes this.
  3. Gopherus Guy

Gopherus Guy Member

San Diego, California
    Smells of Trump.
  4. Gopherus Guy

Gopherus Guy Member

San Diego, California
    AND the GOP!
  5. Tom

Tom The Dog Trainer 5 Year Member

Southern California
    You surely must realize that roughly half the country disagrees with you. One half disagrees with violence against those who disagree with their point of view.

We don't talk politics here for good reason. Please keep your political opinions to yourself in the future. We are here to talk tortoises, not politics.
  6. ascott

ascott Well-Known Member 5 Year Member

Apple Valley, California
    This has been done numerous times with poor results. Nothing that can be done. I am usually not a person to accept poor results, but sometimes, it is just the way it goes. I have CDTs here and will continue to provide the most natural local as I can, and well, that is what I can do. It is not Trump, it is not Obama, it is just what happens when lists of importance are made and critters end up being bumped down the list...in my humble opinion that is.
    Tom, Moozillion and Cowboy_Ken like this.
  7. SteveW

SteveW Well-Known Member

While it is unfortunate that an important thread got sidetracked into political commentary, I hope that instead of being edited out, it is allowed to remain as a reminder of why politics does not happen here.
    Anyone wanting to engage in political discourse, polite or otherwise, has the entirety of the internet available.
    Please leave us a safe place to discuss humidity and calcium ratios and the other minutiae that can a refuge from the political noise.
  8. ascott

ascott Well-Known Member 5 Year Member

Apple Valley, California

I believe all were cordial and kept the train on the rails... and after all, sadly this topic is generated by nothing but politics....surely you know that it is not in the best interest of the tortoise?...you have to see that right?
    Gopherus Guy likes this.
  9. SteveW

SteveW Well-Known Member

Thank you, Ascott, for making my point.
    Gopherus Guy likes this.