Here We go again Petco and Petsmart is having a black Friday sale

ForestExotics

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Petco and Petsmart is having a black Friday sale 50% off on all reptiles. I think it ends on Sunday. Petsmart I think it's only Friday.

I am going to pick up a couple of things.

Petsmart has Russian tortoises for $65
Petco has Russian tortoises for $69.95

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
I'm hoping they have Hermies on sale. I hate buying them from Petco/PetSmart, but I want two more and I can't find them anywhere else.

ForestExotics

10 Year Member!
USA
Sulcata_Sandy said:
I'm hoping they have Hermies on sale. I hate buying them from Petco/PetSmart, but I want two more and I can't find them anywhere else.

Around here they only stock up Russian tortoises. I am going to grab a chinchilla for my breeding project they are half price for $74.99 at Petsmart I don't see any for Petco. Great deal can't find them no where for that price.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
ReptileStation said:
Sulcata_Sandy said:

Around here they only stock up Russian tortoises. I am going to grab a chinchilla for my breeding project they are half price for $74.99 at Petsmart I don't see any for Petco. Great deal can't find then no where for that price.

We see several at our practice, I think the owners are used to me grabbing them and smashing them into my face. Sooooo soft!!!!!

ForestExotics

10 Year Member!
USA
Sulcata_Sandy said:
ReptileStation said:
Sulcata_Sandy said:

Around here they only stock up Russian tortoises. I am going to grab a chinchilla for my breeding project they are half price for $74.99 at Petsmart I don't see any for Petco. Great deal can't find then no where for that price.

We see several at our practice, I think the owners are used to me grabbing them and smashing them into my face. Sooooo soft!!!!!

I love them better then rabbits.

ForestExotics

10 Year Member!
USA
Sulcata_Sandy said:
I agree completely. Not into rabbits at all.

I don't like the rabbits urine smells like crazy ammonia. You have to change them like every 2-3 days. Unlike a chinchilla they don't have any oder I can change them every two weeks+.

I am always looking for killer deals.

Still looking for that Aldabra tortoise for $1000

The lowest I can grab an Aldabra tortoise for right now is $1650

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: Here We go again Petco and Petsmart is having a black Friday sale

ReptileStation said:
Sulcata_Sandy said:
I agree completely. Not into rabbits at all.

I don't like the rabbits urine smells like crazy ammonia. You have to change them like every 2-3 days. Unlike a chinchilla they don't have any oder I can change them every two weeks+.

I am always looking for killer deals.

Still looking for that Aldabra tortoise for $1000

The lowest I can grab an Aldabra tortoise for right now is $1650

Rabbit cages smell, if they are urinating with high protein intake. If a bunnys diet is specified to its size/ breed, then the ammonia smell is SUPER reduced. I used to work with them.

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
Definitely true regarding protein. The other thing to bear in mind is that rabbits should be in a lot more space than they actually get in most cases-60 sq ft of space.

waitmanff

5 Year Member
Now I love rabbits! I have two! Boy and a girl (both fixed)-They have their own room at my house (no cage) plus a litter box which they do a good job of using :)

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!

FLINTUS said:
Definitely true regarding protein. The other thing to bear in mind is that rabbits should be in a lot more space than they actually get in most cases-60 sq ft of space.

A larger bun, like mine, could easily take up space like a dog. Mine takes up the area rug in our living room. Approx 10'x9'

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
I just stopped by my local petsmart and they had 1 Russian about the size of a dinner plate in a rather small tank [DISAPPOINTED FACE] was on sale though for $60. They also had 2 painted turtles for $11 each.

They also had some good sized terrariums on sale, I can't remember the dimensions, but they were adequate space for <1 year old torts. They were $100, down from $160 I think.

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
tffnytorts said:
FLINTUS said:

A larger bun, like mine, could easily take up space like a dog. Mine takes up the area rug in our living room. Approx 10'x9'
Agreed-although mine are dwarfs. The 60 sq ft is their shed area, they also have a 10 by 14 outside enclosure. I have to say, bunnies are very sociable animals. Always keep them in a pair if possible.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
I like them, love chinchilla, but...guess what? You'll NEVER guess..... [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

I LOVE TORTOISES BEST OF ALL!!!!! [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Yep, I'm a dork, proud of it.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!

Sulcata_Sandy said:
I like them, love chinchilla, but...guess what? You'll NEVER guess..... [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

I LOVE TORTOISES BEST OF ALL!!!!! [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Yep, I'm a dork, proud of it.

What a suprise!

ForestExotics

10 Year Member!
USA
Shame on Petsmart they have chinchillas on tge website listed for black Friday sale $74.99. I go there and the guy tells me thats online only. I say you cannot purchase them online it says in store only. The guy goes oh I dont know. Meanwhile its says ALL small pets on sale half price.

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
Went to petco and they had a red foot ! For just 40 dollars it was a really small one about 4 may be 5 inches I couldn't buy the tortoise since I don't have anymore space lol

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I was at Petsmart this a.m. They have the small cans of Friskie cat food, which is regular .59, for .39 a can. I also picked up a new dog bed for Misty (did I tell you all that I got a new puppy? Well she's almost 2 years old now). One of those foam egg crate type beds for only $39. I was a good girl and didn't even walk past the reptile cages.

ForestExotics

10 Year Member!
USA
I am going to Brooklyn later on and see what petco has I hope the have redfoots.

Nice! I just ran out od Petland ans saw a reedfoot there listed for $199.99 a small one.

Its bugging me for I am going back to petsmart.

Oh oh I am having a fight. Lol now the manager is saying the low price fell off.

They gave it to me for the sale price $74.99 woot woot