Hermann Noise

GeorgeTheTort_14

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
My Eastern Hermann George who’s about a months and 4 days old in the middle of the night in his burrow I began to lay down and he started making this noise, kinda like a Frog I guess and a little squeak, he’s been eating very well, soaked daily, active and moves around a lot, by the looks of it all healthy with his temperature and humidity, but tonight this noise just bothered me and wanted to see if anyone knew what this is, or can be

GeorgeTheTort_14

Texas
Also I am not sure if this matters but he did this he would dig a little deeper everytime I checked on him, is when he would make the noise.

zovick

10 Year Member!
Also I am not sure if this matters but he did this he would dig a little deeper everytime I checked on him, is when he would make the noise.
Did the tortoise make this noise ONLY when you touched or disturbed it? It could be that it is making that sound to try to get you to stop bothering it while it is trying to sleep.

Usually if a tortoise has a respiratory problem, you hear the noise every time they breathe.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
What are the temperatures?

GeorgeTheTort_14

Texas
Did the tortoise make this noise ONLY when you touched or disturbed it? It could be that it is making that sound to try to get you to stop bothering it while it is trying to sleep.

Usually if a tortoise has a respiratory problem, you hear the noise every time they breathe.
No I was in bed, hadn’t bothered him for atleast a few hours since his light was off and he was out for the night, got into bed and heard the noise thinking he woke up so when I would get up and have a peek he would dig deeper atleast the 2 times checked up on him, no touching or disturbance

GeorgeTheTort_14

Texas
Other than that no he doesn’t make the noise when he breathes all the time, hardly any noise from him ever unless I hear him going at his food,