hermann's looking for female friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbarricarte

5 Year Member
Hi I live in San Luis Obispo, CA and own a Herman for about 5 years, he is a male and lives alone but is very very horny. I do not think I can have another tortoise but will be more than happy to give mine to a new owner who also has females that could hang out wiht mine. Let me know and I will bring him over for a try or so.
Monica

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
RE: [split] hermann's looking for female friend

Hi Monica:

I'm not sure I completely understand what you're saying. Do you want to find a new home for your male Hermann's tortoise?

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada

emysemys said:
Hi Monica:

I'm not sure I completely understand what you're saying. Do you want to find a new home for your male Hermann's tortoise?

I believe so.

Quote: "I do not think I can have another tortoise but will be more than happy to give mine to a new owner who also has females that could hang out wiht mine."

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
he might not be able to live with another.. even males and females need to be seperated sometimes.. he doesnt need a female.
but if you no longer want him and just want to find him a new home, that that is fine too.
post some pictures and some background on him, if you are willing to give away or if you want a rehoming fee, and Im sure someone will be more than happy to take him.

mbarricarte

5 Year Member

I am first looking to buy a female Herman his age, but if I can not find it, then I will be ok giving mine to a new home where he could hang out with females his age.
Monica

Hi Monica:

[/quote]

REALLY? He would not be able to hang out with a female? why? do they fight?

Well the main thing is that he is running after my hen and smelling her in the back, not sure why? but I thought he was attracted to the hormones, also he is always always flashing so I assumed he needed a female. The chicken does not like the idea of having him in her back and picks on his head, so I had to take him away to a new area so he does not get hurt. If I can not find a female his size then I will have to consider giving him away, which I do not want to.

he might not be able to live with another.. even males and females need to be seperated sometimes.. he doesnt need a female.
but if you no longer want him and just want to find him a new home, that that is fine too.
post some pictures and some background on him, if you are willing to give away or if you want a rehoming fee, and Im sure someone will be more than happy to take him.

[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.