Hermans cage

dl450

This is my tortoises cage it is a three foot by two foot, and that's him in the back I'm buying a new water dish today in the form of a plant saucer and the food dish will also be replaced with a slate which I need to buy we are just snowed in right now and that basking spot is at 95 and it's a mercury power sun, how do you think the cage looks, thinking about adding a plant somewhere I don't know yet though (I know he will most likely eat it but hopefully it will look good while it last)

Attachments

• IMG_3767.JPG
    IMG_3767.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 54

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
Looking good! Great job with the changes. Just remember that screen will filter some of the UVB so you may want to build a light stand

dl450

Looking good! Great job with the changes. Just remember that screen will filter some of the UVB so you may want to build a light stand
So happy I joined this site lol I never would of thought about that filtering out uvb and having the stand will help adjust temps too thanks for the tip :)

Rylatts

UK
This is my tortoises cage it is a three foot by two foot, and that's him in the back I'm buying a new water dish today in the form of a plant saucer and the food dish will also be replaced with a slate which I need to buy we are just snowed in right now and that basking spot is at 95 and it's a mercury power sun, how do you think the cage looks, thinking about adding a plant somewhere I don't know yet though (I know he will most likely eat it but hopefully it will look good while it last)

Welcome!

Looks good, if you are looking for a plant, I placed a couple of spider plants in my enclosure, it's best to place them around the middle to help divide the enclosure up :) Also tortoises tend to walk around the perimeter and will trample on anything in it's path. I found this out the hard way ;)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-x-BABY-...634369?hash=item5b3135d0c1:g:UYgAAOSwImRYNszM

Link above to give you an idea (No this isn't mine and i'm not trying to flog them ;) )

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
Greetings..look solid..what type of tort is that? You could add in aloe plants and grow grass in there...