Hermy meets Popcorn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
I made a small introduction between Hermy and Popcorn. My hand was on top of Hermys shell to be sure he could not touch Popcorn (I did not want them to touch each other). Popcorn was walking around, it was as if he did not know Hermy was there, he just looked at him a couple seconds lol. When Popcorn was moving, Hermy was looking at him with an intense look in his eyes. Hermy did not make any sounds, but he was trying to bite Popcorn as if he thought Popcorn was food. He did not do it aggressivly, just tryed to take a bite. Does anybody know why Hermy did that?
Thanks
DSCN1244.jpg

Kenny

5 Year Member
Tempe, Az
Great pic Isa, as far as trying to bite popcorn... well ... it is "popcorn"

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Kenny said:
Great pic Isa, as far as trying to bite popcorn... well ... it is "popcorn"

ya ... but is it BUTTERED? :p

Great pics .. ISA ....~
JD~:)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I don't know about the biting Isa, but Hermy is big. :D Popcorn is so cute next to him. I hope in time they will get along. :) You could have posted more pictures though, I would love to see more. :D

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Thanks Mary Anne, Candy and Terry. Yes Candy, Hermy is getting Huge (the more he is getting bigger, the more he does a mess in his enclosure lol :D) but he is still my little baby ;), Popcorn is sooo small comparing to him lol but I have to say that he looks tougher lol. It was not easy to take a pic, I wanted to keep an eye on Hermy while looking in the camera at the same time :rolleyes:
LOL Terry :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I love your torts. Very nice pic. I don't know hermanns, but in all the other species I've kept bigger ones will often bully smaller ones. I just went through this with my sulcatas. Daisy, my 3 year old, wanted to ram and bite the little babies when I put them together in the big outdoor pen.

Seeshell

5 Year Member
Great pic and lovely torts. I recently introduced my 9 yr old hermanns to my 2 and a half year old. They're only together under supervision but seem to get on great! They rub noses and follow each other about! I'm hoping this will continue in the future. :) Be great to see more pics.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Thanks Tom and Seeshell :)
I will wait until Popcorn is a little bigger to introduce them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.