Hey guys! Starting to love turtles!

Fábio97

Location (City and/or State)
S.miguel-Azores-Portugal
hello I'M Fábio ,18 years old , portuguese (from Portugal not brazil lol ) my girlfriend got me This new turtle ! It's my first one so Please check my latest post ... My turtle won't eat ...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 29

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. If you could give us more info about the way you are keeping this little one, heat/temps, kind of heat your using and what you are feeding we can try to help you much better.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Fabio, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum!!
I will look a your other post now!:)

Fábio97

S.miguel-Azores-Portugal
Is it a Map turtle?
What have you offered him to eat?
How are you keeping him?
Hello and Welcome. If you could give us more info about the way you are keeping this little one, heat/temps, kind of heat your using and what you are feeding we can try to help you much better.

Hey guys my turtle is a pseudemys concinna ... I only got her for 3 days now ... The temperature here in my island can get pretty warm because of the humidity like today was a cold day (17 Celsius) ... I don't Know her watter temperature but when I'M at home I Bring her to my desk where she can get natural sunlight and during most of the day she is right under a flourescent light ... i'll attach some pictures including her food ! I think she ate 2 of the four pellets i left in the watter :) and that white thing in the pictures is a vitamin block ... It's basically calcium

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    729.8 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    631.4 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    650 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    606.9 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    617.2 KB · Views: 5

Fábio97

S.miguel-Azores-Portugal
oh and as i only got her for 3 day I did't had the chance to buy specific lights or some kind of heating and a proper aquarium !

Attachments

• IMG_0966.JPG
    IMG_0966.JPG
    622.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0967.JPG
    IMG_0967.JPG
    617.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0968.JPG
    IMG_0968.JPG
    494 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0969.JPG
    IMG_0969.JPG
    524.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0970.JPG
    IMG_0970.JPG
    605.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0971.JPG
    IMG_0971.JPG
    505 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0972.JPG
    IMG_0972.JPG
    640.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0973.JPG
    IMG_0973.JPG
    616.5 KB · Views: 11

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
You are the second new member in about a week that has shown us such a turtle habitat. You know already that it is not ideal for any size of turtle. That's good. You can probably also get rid of the calcium block.
Even a 10 gallon tank would be O.K. in the short term with a few inches of water and an area to climb out of the water with a warm UVB bulb to bask under.
It wont be too difficult or very expensive to give him a better home and you'll both be much happier for it.:)

Fábio97

S.miguel-Azores-Portugal
You are the second new member in about a week that has shown us such a turtle habitat. You know already that it is not ideal for any size of turtle. That's good. You can probably also get rid of the calcium block.
Even a 10 gallon tank would be O.K. in the short term with a few inches of water and an area to climb out of the water with a warm UVB bulb to bask under.
It wont be too difficult or very expensive to give him a better home and you'll both be much happier for it.:)

From what I read here and other sites I guessed it was not ideal fOr my turtle ... But as I said , It's my first turtle and it was a grift from my girlfriend and i just have it for 3 days ... I'M really into This now and can't wait to get a new tank for him/her :p I've got some ideas for her new home already :D and as I live near the sea It's easy for me to get some flat rocks to the tank ! And of course i will boil them first before using them

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Glad you are doing your research and figuring it out what is needed and what isn't any good. Remember, sun shining through a window or screen has a lot of the uv blocked. A proper basking light and temps will do a lot of good. A lot of turtles spend a lot of their time out of the water basking.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Welcome Fabio this is the best place to come to for being pointed in the right direction.
If you follow all advice as best you can, you will soon have a very happy, healthy turtle.

Fábio97

S.miguel-Azores-Portugal
Hello and welcome Fabio!
What a cute turtle! Does he/she have a name?

First: i still don't Know if it is a he or she :p but my girlfriend insisted to mame the turtle her name (Maria) and the turtle is like a symbol of us ... As them live long , I have to Take care of the turtle like our love that will last long if I take good care of it :)

AnimalLady

First: i still don't Know if it is a he or she :p but my girlfriend insisted to mame the turtle her name (Maria) and the turtle is like a symbol of us ... As them live long , I have to Take care of the turtle like our love that will last long if I take good care of it :)

That is a GORGEOUS name. Quite possibly the BEST name you could have chosen :)

That's sweet. Now you have 2 Maria's. That can be a handful, I wish you much luck my friend ;)