Hi everyone, we are alex and nellie ( Herman) from Lancashire, UK

Nelli

Location (City and/or State)
Lancashire , UK
Just wanted to introduce us !
Nellie is my first tortoise ( I'm 40 something ) my niece bought her for me ( she has one as well !) nellie is 3 years old and lives alone in a tortoise table - just getting to know each other , her likes and dislikes etc .
Love just watching her move and feed ! She loves dandelion , rocket and mixed leaves with the occasional tomato treat !

Looking forward to getting to know some of you - but most importantly learning from you all so I can ensure nellie has the best possible life with me !

Thanks alex and nellie ! image.jpg

Stuart

Hi Alex
Torts are so much fun, I got Hamish last year and he is my first. His personality is amazing. There's some great advice in here so enjoy and welcome
Stuart & Hamish ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1455467310.966564.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi Alex welcome to you and Nellie!
I love Lancs - my BiL is from Leyland so used to spend a lot of time up that way.
There is a good caresheet in species specific section which will tell you all about the correct temps humidity, diet and substrate for Hermanns. The Beginners Mistakes thread (link below) is also a useful thread to help you avoid problems encountered by others and the Enclosures thread has some great ideas for safe and happy home for torts.
www.thetortoisetable.org.uk is a good guide for tort safe plants for food and enclosures.
Lots to read and learn but this forum is full of up to date information from very experienced keepers all over the world.
Looking forward to hearing about and seeing more of Nellie.

Nelli

Lancashire , UK
Thank you speedy-1, Yvonne G, Paul M Jones , Stuart and Hamish ( love his Xmas kilt ;) and Lyn W for your kind welcome - Lyn W thank you for the TTT link and the information re The beginners mistakes thread - a definite read !!! ( ps yes leyland - know it well!)

surfergirl

Welcome Alex and Nelli! I also have a young Hermanns Male Tortoise "Poto" and I think these guys have big personalities for small torts.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi Alex and Nelli! You found this gem, the forum. I hope you enjoy it for years to come. :)