Hi everyone!

nicole helmick

Hello everyone, my name is Nicole. My sulcata tortoise's name is Tank. He's about 2-3 months.. we live in southern California (Winchester) we have almost two acres of land about half an acre fenced in for when tank gets bigger.. anyways just wanted to introduce myself and my new baby!1414687317940.jpg

nicole helmick

Thanks!! We have chickens a mini pot belly pig a squirrel a dog and some frogs that are all very loved and spoiled.. he's a great addition to our family!!

nicole helmick

We have had him for about 4 days now and I have only witnessed him go poo one time and that was when I was letting him soak in warm water.. should I be worried? He's been eating pretty good maybe I'm just not around when he goes potty.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome to the forum. Tank looks very nice. I'm glad that you have such large yard for this little gut and for sure, he will need it.

Welcome.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Nicole!

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Welcome. Have you read the care sheets for sulcatas ?

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
What a cutie. Sulcatas are so pretty. You have probably seen the threads about torts and dogs, but please don't make the mistake i did. Keep them seperated.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Welcome to the forum. Nice baby there. I would suggest that you sink both your food and water bowls down into the substrate so ur baby can crawl down into them, and not tip over. Watch what kind of water dish you have as well, many of the bowls from pet stores arent suitable for baby torts.

Best of luck!

Ciri

5 Year Member
Tucson
We have had him for about 4 days now and I have only witnessed him go poo one time and that was when I was letting him soak in warm water.. should I be worried? He's been eating pretty good maybe I'm just not around when he goes potty.
Hello and welcome! Soaking can help tortoises and turtles feel like pooping. And it's true, he may be going and other places when you're not around. He looks adorable. It must be exciting to have this new little one in your life.

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Welcome and congratulations.

Please believe that protecting the tortoise from all dogs, raccoons, and birds of prey is essential until it grows large enough to protect itself. After that the dog will learn to stay out of the torts way.

Good luck.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Nicole welcome to the TFO from AZ . Have agreat pry day !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Alaskamike

South Florida
Welcome ! Just an idea. While he's little , those terra cotta under the plant things work great. Just a couple bucks and are easy to sink level with the substrata. The little ones especially are prone to flipping on their backs. If it happens while you're gone he could dehydrate in the light and die before you catch it.

Good fortune with him ( her?). :)