Hi everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minotaur

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Marquette, MI
Hey everyone, I just came upon your forum when I was searching out information about breeding my Russian tortoises. I've been on TurtleTimes for about 2 years now, but am interested in learning more from people who primarily keep tortoises (though I also have several aquatics and a box turtle). My only tortoises are two Russians, a male named Genbu, and a female named Musou.

I'm currently working at the Kentucky Reptile Zoo in Slade, KY, as an intern until I return to Northern Michigan University mid-August (where I study Zoology). Anyhow, I'm looking forward to being a part of the forums here.

Ken

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Welcome Ken! This is a great forum. Very active. We're glad to have you.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Welcome, this is a great forum. Many knowledgeable people here and very active.:)

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a fun job!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Very nice to have your additions to the threads! :) When your done with school, what would your dream job be?

Minotaur

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Marquette, MI
I'm a bit undecided as to my dream job right now. Part of me wants to continue my education, but my herpetology professor warned me that the more education I have, the less actual contact I'll have with the animals. Seems like the choice is between having a bachelor's and interacting with the animals, and having a doctorate and sitting around thinking about them. My current plan is to scope out the opportunities available to me with a bachelor's (most likely I'll attempt to find a job as a zookeeper for a couple years), then perhaps return to school if I'm unsatisfied with what's available to me (or unsatisfied with the low pay haha.)

Status
Not open for further replies.