Hi Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

tishtash

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi, just thought i will introduce myself, at the weekend, we went to pick up 4 tortoises from an old family friend, who wanted to find good homes for them, he has had 2 of his tortoises for 36 years, and the other 2 came along later. They are 2 Herman's (male and female) and 2 Spur-thighed (both males), His original tortoises are both male a Herman and a spur, and the girl is with the other spur, he is blind and has had a bit of a bad life in the past, but is healthy now.

We are going to keep the girl and the blind boy, both are healthy and were checked regularly, the girl has a bash on her shell at the back, from an over amorous boy, and the poor blind one, has a crack in his shell and a hole drilled through his shell where a previous owner kept him tied to a washing pole. My Brother in law is having the 2 males (they are both beautiful, both shells are fantastic and the spur is so big)

We have always wanted a tortoise and have a vivarium that was brought a while ago, which hopefully we can now make use of. Very new to it, so glad that i can talk and email their previous owner for any help, and so glad that i have found this forum too.

Sorry its a long post, hope to chat to you all soon.

kevantheman35

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
indiana
wow sounds like they have had a horrible past. glad they have a good home now

tishtash

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
yeah the blind one that our friend rehomed 8 years ago had a hard life, but he is lovely and healthy now and very sprity, he is gorgeous they all are.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Tishtash, Hi and welcome to the forum. We would love to see pics of your new family members and what are their names? Congratulation on your new additions.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the forum, Tishtash.

Yvonne

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum - you've come to the right place. We do love pictures. So glad those torts are doing well now, especially the one that was tied....so sad to hear that happened. Where do you live?

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your new additions!

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Hello and welcome, glad you found us!! Poor babies what a rough start hopefully they will start doing much better now. There is a lot to learn about your new torts, and there is a lot of useful information here, as well on the w.w.w. Don't worry about long posts we don't mind, Can't wait to see pictures of the cuties.

micki

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
uk
hi and welcome. glad they have found a loving home with you.:)

tishtash

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thanks for all your lovely welcomes, I live in Milton Keynes Katesgoey. I will post pictures soon.

The 2 my brother in law are getting are called Tommy and Speedy and the 2 we are keeping are called Albert and Alice.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Welcome to the forum :D You kind of lost me with the who got what :p
Did you keep the male Hermanns or one of the Spur-thighed?

Danny

tishtash

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
egyptiandan said:
Welcome to the forum :D You kind of lost me with the who got what :p
Did you keep the male Hermanns or one of the Spur-thighed?

Danny

I kept the girl Hermann and the blind Spur-thighed male. The other pair was the males 1 Hermann and 1 Spur-thighed, who had been together for 30 years +.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
welcome to TFO tishtash and congrats on your new pets!

Status
Not open for further replies.