Hi everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hennaly

5 Year Member
Hi all, i have just joined you and this is my very first post:D
I have just got an 11yr old spur thighed tortoise called Rosie, although i have done lots of research i know i am going to need some support along our journey together so hoping you guys will help me.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hello and a warm welcome to you Hennaly and Rosie !!!! I love that name :) This is a great forum, the most friendly people and everyone is here to help you learn all you need to know how to care for your new tort and how to keep yourself and her happy :) We looove pictures, so post some of Rosie when you're ready.

What kind of enclosure have you got Rosie in, what kind of substrate? Have you got a UVB? Give us some info on her so we can help ya !

Hennaly

5 Year Member
Stazz said:
Hello and a warm welcome to you Hennaly and Rosie !!!! I love that name :) This is a great forum, the most friendly people and everyone is here to help you learn all you need to know how to care for your new tort and how to keep yourself and her happy :) We looove pictures, so post some of Rosie when you're ready.

What kind of enclosure have you got Rosie in, what kind of substrate? Have you got a UVB? Give us some info on her so we can help ya !

Rosie lives free range outside and has hibernated for few years by her previous owner (who is a very experienced tort breeder and keeper), i have just ordered some tort plant seeds so a large part of the garden will be her restaurant:D
I will pop out and take some pics of her in a bit.

Traveller

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
I'm new here too and enjoying this site immensely.
Welcome.
Looking forward to your pics.
Gosh I wish I lived in a country where I could free
range my Luka.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Hennaly: Glad to have you here with us...

662746nqrdxj5d29.gif

Yvonne

spring pace

5 Year Member
topanga, california
welcome hennaly, im pretty new too, its been a great experience so far being here. is rosie a sulcata? or med? i can help w/ sulcata, i have a 6 yr old male who goes by galileo, we live in the santa monica mtns of los angeles. smiles, spring

Hennaly

5 Year Member
spring pace said:
welcome hennaly, im pretty new too, its been a great experience so far being here. is rosie a sulcata? or med? i can help w/ sulcata, i have a 6 yr old male who goes by galileo, we live in the santa monica mtns of los angeles. smiles, spring

i think she is a med spur thighed but not 100% i do know she is a spur thighed though:D

thankyou all for the welcome, im always a bit warey of forums as in my experience they tend to be a battle ground.

spring pace

5 Year Member
topanga, california
i met a med spur thigh last year in scotland, she was wild caught over 80 years ago and sold at a woolworths, she was the same size she is now and has been kept in the same neighborhood/family the whole time. who knows how old she is now. definitely a doddering old lady. her leg was broken in transit from the wild and never set properly and her eyes aint so good anymore so she loves to be hand fed, very gentle, i got to spend about 9 wonderful days w/ her. we love her to pieces. smiles, spring

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hennaly said:
thankyou all for the welcome, im always a bit warey of forums as in my experience they tend to be a battle ground.

I certainly hope that won't happen here. Occasionally one of us might get their feathers ruffled and harsh words might be spoken, but we really don't condone that, and try to step in and smooth it out. It's sometimes hard to know the intention of the written word, as we can't see facial expressions, and sometimes words come out different than the thought behind them. But overall, we're just one big happy family!!

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.