Hi from Sunny Arizona

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello John welcome to the TFO fromPhx . Great looking little tort . Have a great tort day !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

JRColeman

Location (City and/or State)
Maricopa Arizona
Welcome to the forum. What a cute baby.

The substrate you are using looks like the kind that the reptile store sold me when I got my very first hatchling tortoise. I joined this forum shortly after getting my Russian hatchling and I found out that kind of substrate is very dehydrating and hard for a hatchling to walk on. Check out Tom's post on raising a smooth, healthy sulcata tortoise. A lot of people use moist coconut coir (which I love for hatchlings). The forum is loaded with valuable information and if you cannot find an answer to your question just post it and someone will be glad to answer.

Enjoy your adorable little baby.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Really cute face! I would too switch the pellets out asap. Can cause all kinds of issues for your baby, especially while he is young and growing. Starting them off right as a hatchling is key to a happy, healthy, and smooth tort :)

verda

5 Year Member
Texas
Welcome to the forum! They are so addicting to have, I have one leopard tortoise hatchling and it's taking all my will power to not get another one. They are such good therapy for me, I get relaxed just by watching them and caring for them.

JRColeman

Maricopa Arizona
Welcome to the forum! They are so addicting to have, I have one leopard tortoise hatchling and it's taking all my will power to not get another one. They are such good therapy for me, I get relaxed just by watching them and caring for them.
I already want another one, as a companion!

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Welcome. I love AZ. I spent 20 years in south East Arizona (Sierra vista)

Sent from My RF himself. He is telling me what to type. In fact he's reading this over my shoulder and about to bite my ear.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and sorry for the late welcome. I think you getting lots information already. So I'm just here to welcomes you.