Hi guys having a bit of an emergency...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch12ag

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, UK
I am going on holiday for 5 days from tomorrow. Ive been searching and searching to find someone to look after him but I cant find anyone. How long would snoopy be able to survive without food?? Ive leave some out for him but will he be ok??

thanks for ur comments..

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Hi Ch12ag, If I remember Snoopy is a tiny new hatchling. Where are you located? As a new hatchling I would not leave him for 5 days without him being under someones care.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think they're in the U.K.

Call a few veterinarians and see if anyone will watch the tortoise for you. Look in your newspaper's classified section for pet sitters.

Baby tortoises are too fragile to be left alone for 5 days.

Yvonne

M

Maggie Cummings

Take him with you. If he's a hatchling that would be easy then just leave him wherever you are going to sleep...motel/hotel friends house...better then leaving him at home alone..

Kadaan

5 Year Member
Irvine, CA
How would traveling work? Can you just take him on the plane in your carry-on? How would you house him? What about heat/light requirements?

If you had your lights on a timer and had a planted tray of weeds for it to eat (instead of tort salad which would just dry out), 5 days doesn't seem like it would be too bad.

Gulf Coast

5 Year Member
Mississippi Gulf Coast
lol.. Maggie thats just what I was thinking.. Take him with you.. We had to do that with a baby blue Jay once.. Of course we drove to where we were going and had a hotel. So I was able to take everything I needed for him..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
maggie3fan said:
Take him with you. If he's a hatchling that would be easy then just leave him wherever you are going to sleep...motel/hotel friends house...better then leaving him at home alone..

Why didn't I think of that? Of course, that's the answer!! If you're driving, just find a nice wooden or sturdy plastic box, a clamp light fixture, and bring him with you. Maggie visited me from Oregon once and she brought Bob in what she then called his Motel 6. It was a wooden box with a hinged lid. When she stopped at a motel on the way here, she just plugged in her clamp light and Bob was warm for the night!

Yvonne

J

jolojim

That looks like you guys in a rush, so it is not really easy to find some good hotel to stay on a little time. so that is better that you stay on some nearly hotel on the same place you've got into.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Chirag, what did you end up doing with Snoopy while you were on vacation?

ch12ag

5 Year Member
Kent, UK
Hi guys sorry its taken ages to reply lol but in the end I got someone to look after him and he was fine and still is my little munchkin hatchling :) want him to stay this small forever but i can already see his scutes growin :(

Status
Not open for further replies.