Hi, Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

blymor

5 Year Member
Hi, I have owned tortoises a long time ago when I was younger and now I have time on my hands I feel ready to get another. My last one was left with a family friend when I came from the UK to live in the USA. My preference is either a Russian, Greek or Hermann. Does anybody have any input regards these as pets, positive and negative. I really want to make the right choice.:)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! All three are pretty much equal in care and "hardiness". With that in mind, when you see pictures of them does one type catch your eyes more then another one?

blymor

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Hi and welcome! All three are pretty much equal in care and "hardiness". With that in mind, when you see pictures of them does one type catch your eyes more then another one?

That's like picking your favourite child! Seriously, no, I like the look of all three. I forgot to mention I live in Connecticut and would prefer to drive and pick-up than ship. I do have a very large grassed yard (1/2 acre) and my Hubby is handy regards making an outside enclosure for when the weather permits. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) would be great if you can drive to pick one up. However, if you can't find one close enough, don't be afraid to have one shipped. They are shipped all the time the no problems. Good luck and do t forget to share pictures with us when you get your new shelled friend.

blymor

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Hello and Welcome:) would be great if you can drive to pick one up. However, if you can't find one close enough, don't be afraid to have one shipped. They are shipped all the time the no problems. Good luck and do t forget to share pictures with us when you get your new shelled friend.

Thank you for such a warm welcome! I will certainly post pictures when I find my :tort: ! :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Blymor, and welcome to the Forum!!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Hello and welcome! I have a Russian female that I rescued and she is a breeze to care for. Good luck on making a decision! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.