Hi!

jnirvello

Location (City and/or State)
fort myers, florida
I adopted my baby sulcata on July 1st! His name is sumo! I'm not sure if he's a boy or girl but I liked the name sumo because he walks like a sumo wrestler! He's the greatest thing that have ever happened to me and I love him sooooo much :) I am so obsessed with him!!!!! however I do have a question:

So tonight my friend accidentally kicked my baby sulcata (idk if it was a kick but more of a bump) and he hit the side of the bathtub. He was only about 3-4 inches away and he immediately went into his shell and stayed there for about 2-3 minutes. He immediately peed when I picked him up. He was walking around a lot after and when I put him in his table he just walked around and went to bed. Do you think I should be worried? I am a worry wort so I get nervous over the simplest things and I want to be sure.... ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1505261780.532261.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1505261797.601119.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. This is why we do not ever recommend they be able to be on the floor of the humans house. We see too many injuries. They need to be in a proper indoor or outdoor enclosure that is dedicated only for them.
Give him a warm soak if you didn't and just keep an eye on him for a couple days. He will probably be fine. Then be sure to get him set up in a closed chamber with proper heat and humidity. Look unde the sulcata section for info on how to do it.

jnirvello

fort myers, florida
I had him in a warm soak and he usually relaxes but he was walking around and I could tell he wanted out :-( he's asleep right now and I keep checking on him and he's moving when I touch him.

Aeva

Madagascar
Hello to this cute little Sumo ! This little thing has to be in a proper enclosure, it's dangerous to let him wandering around the house ! good luck!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum.

Sorry to know your gorgeous tort got hurt. Hope he's now better.

Please, please do not allow him to roam around the house And keep us updated.