Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleTurtles

5 Year Member
Hi,
Im reasonably new to the turtle world, I currently have one Eastern Box Turtle whom I rescued from a neglectful situation (improper diet, lack of water, proper light, and later, for four months she was literally shoved to a back shelter in a 5 gallon tank and forgotten about), I was called by a friend who knew I was an animal lover.... from this turtle I have learned a lot and she has begun to thrive. I am preparing to upgrade her from a 20 gallon long tank to a turtle table my bf is building (we had some initial set backs pushing the plan back)
I am now a complete turtle lover and am facinated by them and look forward to not only sharing pictures and updates on Monty (my EBT) but also hearing from other turtle lovers and eventually taking in another turtle, either box or testing my feet in the tortoise world :)
Feel free to ask me questions or give me advice! Im open to help!

This is an OLD picture, she now eats on a slate rock :)

Monty3.jpg

More recent ones... (thats a piece of a leaf on her, IAL bought for my betta fish, they are free of all pests and any chemicals :) )

Monty2.jpg

Monty1.jpg

Monty.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi LittleTurtles:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you?

And may we know appx where in the world you are?

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that your turtle is really a boy. Whatever he/she is, its absolutely beautiful, and so bright and alert!

LittleTurtles

5 Year Member
Hi!
thank you for the welcome!
Yo ucan call me LittleTurtles or Sierra, which ever, Im located in the US in NC.

I thought she was a boy at first also.. hence the name Monty, lol, but I have had her for about 2 years (should have mentioned that, lol) and while she has gotten a bit bigger her coloring has not changed (her eyes are more of a faded brown), though she does have a lot of yellow on her legs, also, on another forum I was asked to send pictures to help determine her sex (http://www.turtleforum.com/) and everyone agreed he was a she (sent pictures of just about every part of her body... lol)

Thank you for all of the compliments! She has come a LONG way and now she is a very active girl who LOVES to spend her days soaking in her pool of water :)

Status
Not open for further replies.