Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnsteele1984

5 Year Member
Hi there my first post so go easy on me haha

My sister has ask me to do a bit of research for her as she's on holiday

She has a spare 4x2x2 viv in the house and she's wondering if that's suitable for a tortoise ?if so what 1s so she can do research when she's home from holiday

Thanks

John

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi John, and welcome to the Forum!!

That's a nice-sized indoor viv, but really not big enough for a full grown tortoise. If your sister wants to get a baby tortoise it could live in that size viv for several years. But once he gets to be an adult, he really needs to be set up outside. Of course, this all depends upon what part of the world you live in.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
I agree with what Yvone, but this shouldn't discourage her from getting one. Like she said, couple of years if she gets a hatchlings. Plenty of times for her to thinking of other alternatives as the tortoise grows. If she's devoted and really wants one, I can see her being a responsible owner already since she's taking the initiative asking around. She already taken the first step. Something I would suggest, think about your climate. Find a torts that can live to the similar climate as yours. This way it makes owning a tortoise so much easier. Then think about he size of the adult tort.is an outdoor enclosure something you guys see on the near future? There is a lot of questions that's probably going through her head. Feel free to always ask in this forums. I know I'm speaking for a lot of people when I say that we are more than willing to answer her questions if she has any.

Oh sorry, WELCOME!!! Woooooo!!!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Great advice already given. Just a side note, Russians, hermanns and Greeks make the best beginner tortoise. All stay relatively small too.

Status
Not open for further replies.