• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
OK I can't wait any longer.
Is there any reason NOT to dig up my 2 boxes, we are scheduled to have 70 degrees all week, (or close to) I have been a nervous wreck since the first snowfall and actually am getting sick thinking about what I will find.
So what's the verdict, let nature do it's thing or dig them up??
(Is this a proper time to do that poll thing? If not please remove it. thanks)
Nay

Yes and yes I will try again right after I edit the title. Thanks

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
RE: Hinermating question

Nay, did you mean to do a poll? One is not showing.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Nay, why did you hibernate them to start with? Because you felt letting them do the natural thing was the best for them? If so, why would you dig them up now? Seems it's not for their good, but rather just for yourself. I've gone through this myself and I know how it seems like it takes forever for them to emerge, but it's part of the whole hibernation experience. They will know when it's best for them to emerge.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Jacqui,
Yes I did hibernate them because I hoped it was for the best for them. They seemed in excellent health, I researched some really great ideas on preparing the ground,etc. I just have never done it outside(prior to this it was with some Russians, and because we kept our bedroom so cold, they were under our bed) But this is just different. So I take it, leave it alone from your experience???
Thanks, just wanted someone to say that!
Nay

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
My opinion would be based on more then I know... things like are you confident they were healthy going into hibernation? how long have they been under? what have the temps been like? has it rained lately? how good was the spot they chose to use? do you even know for sure where they buried down at? have they done this before? If any of these questions (or ones I have not thought about) leads you to have any real concerns about their health and safety, then by all means yes do dig them up. Your there and I am not, I can't give you an answer as what to do, I can only give you things to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.