Hibernation concern.

Bedina

Location (City and/or State)
Birmingham
Hi, my partner has a 60? year old tortoise and after receiving professional advise, he bought a special temperature controlled fridge for the little scamp to hibernate in.

Our concern is that we recently found out that the fridge has LED lights inside that don’t go out when the door is closed. He is placed in a special plastic box inside the fridge, with soft cloths underneath him, plus a tea towel loosely coveringthe top of him so that he can breathe properly.

Could any one PLEASE tell me whether this much loved pet would be affected by the light (we check him everyday each time he’s in hibernation and he always has his eyes closed), or even be able to see it?

Many thanks

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hi, my partner has a 60? year old tortoise and after receiving professional advise, he bought a special temperature controlled fridge for the little scamp to hibernate in.

Our concern is that we recently found out that the fridge has LED lights inside that don’t go out when the door is closed. He is placed in a special plastic box inside the fridge, with soft cloths underneath him, plus a tea towel loosely coveringthe top of him so that he can breathe properly.

Could any one PLEASE tell me whether this much loved pet would be affected by the light (we check him everyday each time he’s in hibernation and he always has his eyes closed), or even be able to see it?

Many thanks
Cover the LEDs with black electrical tape.