Hiya! Newbie here!

HeyyyyRed

Location (City and/or State)
Orlando, FL
Hi everyone,

I live in the Orlando, Florida area. I joined to learn and prep to adopt a (large) tortoise. I've always loved them, and now I have a house and property large enough to accommodate one (or more!).

I'm loving how friendly everyone in the community seems to be!

Thanks for having me!
Erin

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Welcome to the forum! What species are you looking into?
A tortoise will do great in Florida!

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
I'm primarily interested in a sulcata or leopard tortoise, but I'm not necessarily set on it. From what I've read, it certainly seems like the Florida climate would be ideal!

Alright, both great species! Be sure to give these a read, if you haven’t already :)
How To Raise A Healthy Sulcata Or Leopard, Version 2.0 https://tortoiseforum.org/index.php...ealthy-Sulcata-Or-Leopard,-Version-2.0.79895/

For Those Who Have a Young Sulcata... https://tortoiseforum.org/index.php?threads/For-Those-Who-Have-a-Young-Sulcata....76744/

Beginner Mistakes https://tortoiseforum.org/index.php?threads/Beginner-Mistakes.45180/

HeyyyyRed

Orlando, FL
I did read the first one you suggested, How to Raise a Healthy Sulcata or Leopard, Version 2.0... seems like Beginner Mistakes would be a natural follow-up, lol. Thanks!

galapagosgirl1

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Florida
Hi Erin,

I'm pretty new as well. I'm a first time owner of 3 Galapagos tortoises I hatched in June. My only regret is having to work and not seeing them throughout the day. LOL. They can be pretty amusing!

Welcome,
Lee

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Welcome to the Forum - you are so lucky to be able to raise your torts in Florida..heat, humidity and lush green grass and tons of weeds. Have fun.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I have a three month-ish old Redfoot, my first, and I'm loving seeing him grow and change every day.

In 5-10 years, I'd love to be in a warmer climate, where among other things, I'd be able to raise tortoises outdoors year-round.

Welcome!

Jamie

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi everyone,

I live in the Orlando, Florida area. I joined to learn and prep to adopt a (large) tortoise. I've always loved them, and now I have a house and property large enough to accommodate one (or more!).

I'm loving how friendly everyone in the community seems to be!

Thanks for having me!
Erin
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Look forward to seeing pics.