10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Did you contact them and offer some guidance? Ignoring to offer some polite, constructive non-judgmental advice is not helping the tortoise or it's new owner. The person selling it will pass on the same poor info they probably were told.
Don't forget, it has only been a few years that the majority of correct info has been available. I mean this in the nicest way, but to complain about someones care without offering some friendly advice does nothing and is pretty much just as bad. Email them some friendly info. Tell them about TFO. Even ask if they would pass on the sites and/or advice you have given them to the new owners. Wish them luck and say good bye. Now you have done something to help that tortoise. Whether s/he takes it or not, is not on you. Doing nothing, is on you.

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Thank you, Wellington, you make a very good point. That little tortoise's welfare is what matters here. I'm writing an email as we speak.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
diaboliqueturtle said:
Thank you, Wellington, you make a very good point. That little tortoise's welfare is what matters here. I'm writing an email as we speak.

Good for you :) If you are very nice about the offer of helpful advice. I have found everyone very grateful, even emailing me back and thanking me. Most, also never knew about the more updated care. Whether they actually take the advice and use it, well, I don't know. However, at least I tried.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You did all you could do. Then all that's left, is we hope it worked. At least you tried, that's what counts. You did good:)

Status
Not open for further replies.