Pellets yay or nay

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
A lot of tortoises wont eat the LS diet, only the original which looks a lot more like dog food kibbles. I used it once a week with my reds.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
As long as either one, the older stuff or the LS is part of the diet, not the whole diet.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
I've used the "regular" Mazuri and Zoo Med Forest Tortoise Diet with success. My four eat both with equal enthusiasm.

I make this a small component of their diet (2/month) especially when they are indoors for the winter as it's a nutritionally very rich. I found when they received either processed diet 2-3 times/week their growth was far too rapid. I think this was compounded by the lettuce they were eating as well (as opposed to weeds in the summer) as grocery store produce has higher rates of protein than weeds. This is just my experience and two-cents. Take it or leave it.

kelii

5 Year Member
Georgia
I feed Mazuri a couple times a week. I like to soften it with water and add a variety of veggie baby foods to it for extra variety.

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I also feed mazuri, both LS and regular, two times a week. She loves it and even licks the plate.