Housekeeping Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
My water dishes are always covered in algae. I rinse them out almost every day with a jet spray and fill them with clean water, but most of them still get algae. Even the rocks get algae on them (or at least a slime.) Then I have to take a scrubber out there and scrub them clean which is a pain with all my tortoises. I'm curious as to what everyone else does.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I was hoping to get more responses as to how people deal with algae in their water bowls. Do you leave it, or scrub it clean?

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
Daily I wash rinse repeat. After that in 2 weeks I dip them in hot water with a little bleach to dilute it and clean it up by soaking for a minute, scrub, Wash/Rinse/Towel dry.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
My water dishes and rocks also seem to be a bit slimy. I just wash them with dish soap everyday. I'm not sure why its happening because they never go more than 24 hours without being washed.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just tip the water out, rinse under a strong stream of water from the hose and refill. A little bit of algae never hurt anyone! Occasionally I will take a scrub brush to them, but mostly I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.