White Algae?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nixxy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Hampshire
So, even with the extensive cleaning. Like a lot of turtles, mine occasionally gets a bit of green algae on her shell. I usually just clean it off, no big deal.

Lately she has gotten a bit of whiteish colored algae on her shell, or at least I believe it to be algae? Looks the same, only white. I wiped it off, and it doesn't seem to have any effect on her shell. But a few patches show up, here and there.

Is this a big deal? Or just another sort of algae?

She has no shell rot, and is perfectly healthy. I guess I could be worrying over nothing?

I'd show some pictures, but I cleaned it off already. :[

Also, I know this may be a dumb question. I know larger fish, such as Oscars can in some cases be housed with Stinkpots. But would an algae eater just be turned to food?

The algae isn't bad at all or anything. There is never any noticeable in the tank. Just curious. :)

Nixxy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Hampshire
Forgive me, these aren't the best pictures. But the best I could manage with my phone. :(

She's quite small, of course, being a young Stink Pot. Her scutes appear to be getting ready to shed, again. Hard to see it in the pictures, but I can tell by feeling them.

2013-03-04_09-29-40_22.jpg

2013-03-04_09-30-13_397.jpg

As you can see, around the edges and one spot in the middle, there is this white stuff, as mentioned. You can also see, she is very camera shy. >.>

By the way, am I supposed to be cleaning off the algae on her? Or is it okay to leave on them? Do they notice it or like it? Just curious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.