My stinkpot's eating algae wafers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
Well i recently setup a fiddler crab tank and bought some algae wafers for my fiddler crab, i have a pleco in my turtle tank and thought "why dont i just give some to my pleco to snack on?" It says that pleco's love them soo i dropped some in and my pleco went after one and my turtle went after another. He is litterally "eating" the algae wafers and i was wondering if this was a problem?. oh and here's a picture of my turtle to make up for the long post. ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1366821088.465224.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cute turtle. I don't really know about stink pots, but I'm sure it isn't bad for him.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
No problem. When I had razorbacks and maps they would do the same with algae wafers for the minnows. I also have observed this with my DBTs and the guppies wafers.

srod

5 Year Member
New Orleans
perfectly okay for the stinkpots/musks to eat algae wafers

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
Itort said:
No problem. When I had razorbacks and maps they would do the same with algae wafers for the minnows. I also have observed this with my DBTs and the guppies wafers.

Ok thanks, good to know! :)

Richsandwich

5 Year Member
If you feed them wafers to much your pleco will stop cleaning the tank and rely on the wafers for food.Every couple of days I put one in for him. I feed my 2 stinkpots at the same time to keep them distracted.

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
Richsandwich said:
If you feed them wafers to much your pleco will stop cleaning the tank and rely on the wafers for food.Every couple of days I put one in for him. I feed my 2 stinkpots at the same time to keep them distracted.

K thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.