Housing for an 11 lb African Leopard

Hunter

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
My little guy is not so little any longer. He does NOT do enclosures any longer, however I am in the market for a condo and I am not sure how to handle this. Any suggestions?

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
You have an 11 pound leopard, and are planning to house in a condo? He needs an outside enclosure at this size. Did I misunderstand?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If I'm understanding correctly, you are thinking about moving into a condo, which means you will have no outside yard for a tortoise?????

An 11lb tortoise is big enough to live outside in good weather. Will you have a balcony or some sort of porch? A little more info will give us the tools to help you better.

Last edited:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'm sorry but a condo is no place for a tortoise . I'm sure you love your Tortoise but for the good of the animal get a place with a yard .

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
My mom used to have a condo in florida...she actually had a pretty good size "yard". Of course, almost all of the condos there are one story...so at ground level which made yards more common.

Hunter

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I think it is time to find him a better home. Any advice on where to sell him to a good owner? I live in Ohio. You guys are right, he needs a yard. I had him since he was a hatchling but I am in no financial position to get him the habitat he deserves.

Hunter

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
This was him on the Fourth of July.

20140706_183821.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
He is beautiful. You can post him here in the adoption or for sale section. Just be careful if you adopt him out. Some are just looking for a free tortoise to sell.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I rescue tortoises but I do not buy them . Pretty much all my tortoises have been rescued . I am in no way a licensed rescue . I do it and try my best to keep them all here at my house . I do have some leopards at a friend's house because they are baby's that were taking up space in my house . People like( tortadice ?) Aka Kelly is making a tortoise zoo aka breeding facility . If I had to place a beautiful Tortoise like you have that's where it would go . But on the other hand Monica is the leopard Queen here on TFO . That's anther person I would trust with this beautiful Tortoise .

Hunter

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I rescue tortoises but I do not buy them . Pretty much all my tortoises have been rescued . I am in no way a licensed rescue . I do it and try my best to keep them all here at my house . I do have some leopards at a friend's house because they are baby's that were taking up space in my house . People like( tortadice ?) Aka Kelly is making a tortoise zoo aka breeding facility . If I had to place a beautiful Tortoise like you have that's where it would go . But on the other hand Monica is the leopard Queen here on TFO . That's anther person I would trust with this beautiful Tortoise .

Mike, can you please give me Kelly and Monica's contact information?

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
If you'd be willing to ship I may be interested in rehoming him.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Thanks Mike.:)

von345

I would love to adopt him! I live in Louisiana and have a large fenced yards with lots of grasses and weeds to much on.