How big is your tortoise table?

djhoff22

Hey guys,
Not sure if I'm posting in the right section.

I am looking to make a tortoise table however I need some ideas. Please post pictures of your tortoise tables along with measurements and species whom it was built for.

Also, were can I buy plants and flowers that are tortoise friendly; free of pestacides.

Thanks for reading. Looking forward to your advice.

Thanks!
Diana

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
0210151645.jpg mine is 3x6 feet it's a greenhhouse i got on amazon then built a raised garden bed to connect it to it's for a redfoot depending on which species a open table top isn't the best way to go

in your pic it looks like a redfoot? or cherryhead? you'll want a closed chamber to be able to hold ambient heat and humidity for smooth growth the green house cost 48 dollars on amazon with free shipping and i made the garden bed out of wood i had laying around then lined the bottom with plastic. the actual meassurments are 71x36 it's 1 inch off being 6 foot

i can hold heat and humidity no problems i hold them so well in fact i haven't had to mist or anything for humidity since getting the new enclosure if you have any questions feel free to ask :)

im not sure where you can buy plants free of pesticide either you can try looking up organic plant nursery's near you

djhoff22

That looks awesome. Yes, its for a cherryhead tort...I've been thinking of ways to retain humidity and heat for the enclosure I want to build.

It's probably a silly question but should I be worried about the plastic catching fire from the lamps? In your enclosure do you use a heat emmiter and basking light?

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
That looks awesome. Yes, its for a cherryhead tort...I've been thinking of ways to retain humidity and heat for the enclosure I want to build.

It's probably a silly question but should I be worried about the plastic catching fire from the lamps? In your enclosure do you use a heat emmiter and basking light?

it's not touching the plastic so you should be fine i use a heat emitter and a day time bulb for basking yes