Suitable Tortoise Table

THEADEMARCO

Location (City and/or State)
London
I am planning on getting a Hermann's tortoise soon, and housing it primarily indoors. I have never owned a tortoise before and want to make sure that my ignorance does not harm my tortoise. I have been looking for tortoise tables recently and I'm uncertain what size I need for my tortoise to be happy. I know the size requirements differ depending on the age of your tortoise, and since I do not yet know what age I will be getting I would like to assume that I will be getting a tortoise of over 5+ years just to be safe.
So, can someone confirm the measurements needed to ensure that I have a happy tortoise? If anyone knows a place to buy a good tortoise table that would also be great.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
An adult will need a minimum of a 4x8 foot enclosure and preferably a larger one outside. A hatchling would need a closed chamber enclosure.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I am planning on getting a Hermann's tortoise soon, and housing it primarily indoors. I have never owned a tortoise before and want to make sure that my ignorance does not harm my tortoise. I have been looking for tortoise tables recently and I'm uncertain what size I need for my tortoise to be happy. I know the size requirements differ depending on the age of your tortoise, and since I do not yet know what age I will be getting I would like to assume that I will be getting a tortoise of over 5+ years just to be safe.
So, can someone confirm the measurements needed to ensure that I have a happy tortoise? If anyone knows a place to buy a good tortoise table that would also be great.
Are you getting and adult or a baby? Very different advice for each. A table might not be suitable at all...

Start here and look for the temperate species care sheet near the bottom:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
You're not alone. So many new keepers did not realize how much room they'd need and wasted a lot of money on useless items.
Luckily you asked first.
How much space do you have indoors to either construct or purchase an enclosure?