How do i treat shell rot ?

Ashley_Sheldon

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortForum1391378713.905884.jpg
Please help me i need to know how to get rid of shell rot and fast before it gets worse . He's still eating and really active so it's not that bad yet but i need something quick .

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
That is not shell rot. Sulcatas don't get shell rot. Try a search for "squiggly lines" or something similar and see what you can find. No one seems to know exactly what those are, but they are normal. They tend to show up most when the tortoise gets dry and then put into a soak.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, the dreaded white squiggly lines disease!! This is nothing to worry about. Most healthy baby tortoises show these lines as they grow.

Ashley_Sheldon

5 Year Member
wellington said:
I don't see any shell rot. Can you explain what you are seeing that I am not?

It was just the squiggly lines and dots but thanks i know what it it know :)

Tom said:
That is not shell rot. Sulcatas don't get shell rot. Try a search for "squiggly lines" or something similar and see what you can find. No one seems to know exactly what those are, but they are normal. They tend to show up most when the tortoise gets dry and then put into a soak.

Oh wow ok thank you, I was getting so worried thats such a relief thanks and i thought he was getting it because I would most down his tank every day so i stopped doing that but now I will do that and continue to give him daily soaks and spray downs . Thank you :)

Yvonne G said:
Oh, the dreaded white squiggly lines disease!! This is nothing to worry about. Most healthy baby tortoises show these lines as they grow.

Haha thanks so much ! I'm glad to know that hes healthy with no "disease" :) but what are those dots on his top left and right ?

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Those dots are part of the lines. Its no big deal. My sulcatas all have had this, but it went away after 8 months.

Ashley_Sheldon

5 Year Member
tffnytorts said:
Those dots are part of the lines. Its no big deal. My sulcatas all have had this, but it went away after 8 months.

Oh ok thanks so much for your reply ! :)