How much actual light exposure?

Kranamorse

Location (City and/or State)
Gulfport
Hi guys I had another question, I have my enclosure setup with a little cave for my tort to hide in. He has uva/uvb/CHE on in his enclosure. The only problem I am having is that from my understanding young tortoises need a fair amount of light exposure to aid with metabolism etc. My little tort is awake only when I pull him out of his cave for his morning soak and feeding. He runs around energetically and eats food I scatter after his 30 min soak, he then disappears back into the darkness of his cave for what seems to be all day and night. I’d be Ok with that except for the fact I am worried his not getting the uva/uvb exposure he needs. Any suggestions?

Info on the tortoise: 2.5 month old star tortoise, 2.9 oz.

xMario

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Hi guys I had another question, I have my enclosure setup with a little cave for my tort to hide in. He has uva/uvb/CHE on in his enclosure. The only problem I am having is that from my understanding young tortoises need a fair amount of light exposure to aid with metabolism etc. My little tort is awake only when I pull him out of his cave for his morning soak and feeding. He runs around energetically and eats food I scatter after his 30 min soak, he then disappears back into the darkness of his cave for what seems to be all day and night. I’d be Ok with that except for the fact I am worried his not getting the uva/uvb exposure he needs. Any suggestions?

Info on the tortoise: 2.5 month old star tortoise, 2.9 oz.
Young tortoise LOVE it to hide they are small and vulnerable. In the wild they also hide there first years. And don't forget u are big u look like a predator so they will hide until they learned ur not a threat. Don't worry they can stay along time without uvb