How much to feed?

Spirit_Scale

Jelly is doing very well and is discovering new foods.
Since I have a house full of reptiles and inverts (and more specifically a blue-tongue skink and bearded dragon) there is always a good selection of live food for adventurous boxies.

Since Jelly hasn't had the best diet and care in the past I of course want to them to eat as much nutritious food and supplements as they want. At the same time I don't want to overfeed Jelly either.
Today Jelly inhaled 5 medium (2 inch) hornworms and 5 superworms (with multivitamin supplement) before I stopped offering food. Unfortunately Jelly was not keen on the canned dead snails or caterpillars, but will be adding earthworms, silkworms, pill bugs, phoenix worms and butterworms to the potential menu and hopefully at least some of those will be a hit with Jelly.

What amount would be a good to feed per day for a 3-4 year old three-toed who has some shell and size issues?

M

Maggie Cummings

I feed them as much as they will eat in about 10 minutes. My male 3-toed will eat 5 giant night crawlers and a couple of slugs in a sitting..
Don't forget they also like bananas, blueberries, cantaloupe, watermelon apples etc. They eat a lot of fruit. You mostly have to experiment, when they start leaving good food, try to cut back on some of it. To me that knowledge comes from learning how much they leave now, which is not much.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
So glad Jelly is responding well in your care!!! YOU ROCK!!! :)